How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100450
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

YADAV ,im a two year experienced professional in food and

Customer Question

hi my name is***** ,im a two year experienced professional in food and beverage service currently enrolled in a j1 program in usa new orleans and im looking foward to migrate to canada on a work permit or intership please revert if u can assist with the same
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I cannot assist you in the sense that I cannot act for you. I can answer your questions. Would you like for me to go ahead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats allright
i just want to know whether it can be worked out or no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

When you ask about immigrating do you mean permanently or just for a temporary time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You will need a job offer first.

The way it works isn't really that complicated.

What has to happen is this:

Your potential employer has to apply to the government for what is called a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). What this entails is the government reviewing the job market to ensure that there is a shortage of Canadians to fill your job. You cannot take a job away from a Canadian. So, you have to have a skill, or work experience, in an area where Canada needs workers and there aren't' enough Canadians who have that skill or work experience.

If that's the case then the government will give the employer a positive LMIA.

Then you can apply for the work permit.

You will need to prove your credentials and also need to undergo background, medical and criminal checks.

If all goes well you will get the permit.

Here's the webpage that has all the information you will need including the forms and information about the fees:

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it possible as a food and beverage server with a two year domestic and a year of international experience getting it and if u could assist me futher what all services could u offer in exchange of ur charges
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what the job market is like where you hope to work. I cannot know if the employer will get a positive LMIA or not.

Your best next step would be to retain an immigration lawyer in the province you are interested in. I am not permitted to act for your myself.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions