How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Miss ..A friend of mine lives in .C. has a property in Sask!

Customer Question

Hi Miss Wilson..A friend of mine lives in B.C. has a property in Sask! The tenant has died without paying july and aug rent! my friend needs to know what she needs to do immediately to protect her properly! The laws in Sask wil probably be different from B.C.! re water, hydro, etc! not so worried about the rent but more protecting the property ...should she be contacting a lawyer she can see them when she arrives in Maple Creek?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Property is in Black Creek , Saskatuwan, Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No she hasn't and neither have I! Thats why I'm asking should we be talking to a lawyer there!
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: nothing other than the tenant has died ...and the place is left open!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What do you mean about protecting her property? Is she worried someone will actually harm the rental unit?

Has she heard from the executor of the Will or the family?

Related Canada Law Questions