How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tenant who is Def and Dum and also smoke and drink

Customer Question

I have a tenant who is Def and Dum and also smoke and drink alcohol heavily and remove batteries from the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. It is hard for other tenants to get along with him. How can I remove him from the building? It is small four unit apt.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Does the tenant have his own unit that is separate from the others?

Why is he removing the batteries?

Why does his drinking bother anyone?

Does he smoke in his unit? Is this a non-smoking building? Does the lease provide that the tenant will not smoke?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please cancel my request
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not satisfied with the result I got from you.
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

There is no result.

I am a senior lawyer and I am trying to get more information before I answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pl. do not charge to my credit card You can take $5/= if you like
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I don't work for the site. I am a practicing lawyer. I log into the site and answer questions that I see on a list.

I have nothing to do with how or what you were charged.

Please contact customer service if you don't want legal information from me.

Your question is easy to answer and I can provide a full answer when I get all the information if you change your mind. I will be able to explain how to evict the tenant.

But if not that is your choice and I wish you the best of luck.

Related Canada Law Questions