If I sign a peace bond how does it affect my travel out of

Customer Question
Canada?...
If I sign a peace bond how does it affect my travel out of Canada?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Need to know the answer today before 3 pm.
8/4/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

There is no reason why you cannot leave Canada.

The peace bond is just about your agreeing to keep the peace. It has nothing at all to do with restricting your leaving Canada.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question is what shows up when my passport is scanned at the border entering the U.S.A? Also, what shows up when I travel to other countries at their Customs and Immigration clearance?

Were you charged with assault?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
domestic assault and they are asking me to sign a peace bond

Unfortunately, the domestic assault charge will show up on CPIC which means the officer at the border when you try to enter the US we all know that you have been charged with assault.

That does not mean to say that you will be denied entry to the US. Rather, it means that you have to provide the documentation you have that shows you have not to been convicted and you can show that you signed the peace bond voluntarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. What happens if I travel to Spain, France, etc. at entry at their customs and immigration?

I don't know. I don't know the law in Spain or France. I'm a lawyer in Canada.

You can contact the Spanish or French Embassy to ask.

Is there anything more that I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer