How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100964
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The cra is attaching my gst for money they claim my spouse

Customer Question

the cra is attaching my gst for money they claim my spouse owes from a long time ago when i call them they tell me they wont give me the info--since my spouse had a severe stroke in 2011 and another in 2012 i have had a difficullt time getting her better phisically her memmory i s basically gone and she developed diabetes--copd and arthritis myself i looked after getting her better but had heart attack and lost 10 percent of left side of heart my spouse i 70 and i am seventy five also i am a disabled vet i would like to know what i can do
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: 2 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: my spouses income is about 6500. per year my income is 28000. per year
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is there a power of attorney for your spouse?

Can she make decisions about her finances and care herself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
her oldest son
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Is he not willing to assist you with the CRA?