How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Situation: gave money in trust, oral agreement with

Customer Question

situation : gave money in trust, oral agreement with boyfriend, home was built on his parents property, with parents permission, just verbal, after money was spent and home built, boyfriend ended our relationship, we had been dating through distance, I would like to claim my money back, Do I have rights or is this a waste of my time because I did not place any safequards into place other than oral agreement between boyfriend and I. During building of home, we did not live together, any advice, do I have rights ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Was this to be a loan or was this to gain you some ownership in the house?

Related Canada Law Questions