How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To file charges, home invasion, canada, they require a

Customer Question

to file charges for assault, home invasion,
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: they require a retainer
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: it's against the chief and council..first nation
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of this horrible situation.

I hope I can help you get this resolved.

Are you asking about suing the person/people who did this?

What province are you in please?

What are the basic facts and can you explain what has happened with the police as well?


Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sandy Lake is a First Nation reserve. The nearest court house is Kenora Ontario..He now lives in Thunder Bay, Ontario..and he was told by JP..that he has to file in Kenora district..The police ..NAPS. did not have a warrant to come into the house..
Expert:  Debra replied 12 months ago.

So are you saying that the home invasion was conducted by the police? Is that what you mean?

Related Canada Law Questions