Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My question may not be one that you address....it is to do

Customer Question

My question may not be one that you address....it is to do with banking...specifically opening a Canadian bank account in Ontario from Thailand.
I am a Canadian citizen, but non-resident. My Ontario Driver's licence, which is still current, has an address (my sister's) where I stay during any visit. My question is.....I cannot currently afford to travel back to Canada, but I would like to open a new bank account into which I can have my company and CPP/OAS pension cheques deposited. Is there any way I can do this?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You don't always have to attend the bank in person.

For example, here you can apply for an account online:

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,20,00.html#a2

Many banks now allow this so you really just have to contact which ever bank you are interested in.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I was just thinking about your question and wondering of what I suggested worked and/or whether you have any follow-up questions for me.

I look forward to hearing from you.