How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101418
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question may not be one that you is to do

Customer Question

My question may not be one that you is to do with banking...specifically opening a Canadian bank account in Ontario from Thailand.
I am a Canadian citizen, but non-resident. My Ontario Driver's licence, which is still current, has an address (my sister's) where I stay during any visit. My question is.....I cannot currently afford to travel back to Canada, but I would like to open a new bank account into which I can have my company and CPP/OAS pension cheques deposited. Is there any way I can do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You don't always have to attend the bank in person.

For example, here you can apply for an account online:,,20,00.html#a2

Many banks now allow this so you really just have to contact which ever bank you are interested in.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I was just thinking about your question and wondering of what I suggested worked and/or whether you have any follow-up questions for me.

I look forward to hearing from you.