How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father passed away and I have two brothers we agreed that

Customer Question

My father passed away and I have two brothers we agreed that I would handle his estate he left no will how do I get access to his accounts
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Canada British Columbia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He bid leave some money in my name but we are giving it to his Thai girlfriend
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Did your father live with his girlfriend? If so, for how long?

Are there any other close family who might have been a beneficiary or estate administrator?

Do you know if he ever had a will in the past? Perhaps a lawyer he'd used in the past for other matters did one with him?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss this. Did you get some help elsewhere?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

I hope you've got help on your matter. If not, I'm here to discuss it.

If you don't need the site's service anymore, don't forget about your deposit (if you made one).


Related Canada Law Questions