Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I need to discuss a claim made to the ministry of labor. I

Customer Question

I need to discuss a claim made to the ministry of labor. I then called back and asked for a hold to be put on the claim. I was told I can refile the claim, but on line it says on their website that I cannot file the same claim twice. who should I listen to here?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can ask to have the file re-opened. You are not making the same claim twice. You decided not to go ahead with the claim initially and now wish to proceed.

If they give you any problems you can certainly make it clear that you were already advised by a staff member that you were free to put the file on hold and then reactivate it.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.