How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101440
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to discuss a claim made to the ministry of labor. I

Customer Question

I need to discuss a claim made to the ministry of labor. I then called back and asked for a hold to be put on the claim. I was told I can refile the claim, but on line it says on their website that I cannot file the same claim twice. who should I listen to here?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can ask to have the file re-opened. You are not making the same claim twice. You decided not to go ahead with the claim initially and now wish to proceed.

If they give you any problems you can certainly make it clear that you were already advised by a staff member that you were free to put the file on hold and then reactivate it.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.