I was a customer dental office. I have 80% coverage through

Customer Question
I was a customer for...
I was a customer for a dental office. I have 80% coverage through my husbands insurance. I am on CPP disability. I went in on 2 occasions to fill cavities. before I left I paid what I beleive was the toal of 20%. Monthes later I received a letter telling me that my insurance did not cover almost $1500 of it due to going over my coverage. I have no idea how the feees were so high. However upon finding out with minimal income I paid $500 upfront. The rest was set on a payment plan on a credit card. Due to losing my card, apparently as I forgot (husband deals with $) payments were missed. I did received phone calls, all ending with if I do not pay ASAP I will be sent to collections this was done by the 'Office Manager' it was rude and scary. When I received info from a collections agency my husband went in to pay the balance in full and the office manager refused to speak with him and because he raised his voice, she called the police and 'banned' us from returning. We paid in full through collections. I attempted to speak to the Manager in charge of the women however she refused to speak over the phone and only gave me her e-mail. Finally I gave up. I wrote a reveiw on their page which did not name names, and was 100% truthfull (even me neglecting my payments on time) I was asked to take it down. In our town I wrote a s recommention (as someone was asking for any dentists) and explained my bad expereince (again not naming the peoples names). The 'Office Manager' respinded on social media with claims of me bullying telling people I didn't pay my bills, threatening to comment on MY husbands buisness pahe, then she revealed my medical information (' I bet those fillings you got are working out well'. I do not know how to proceed. Please help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
7/19/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

When you say you don't know how to proceed what do you mean exactly?

Are you saying she is lying about you or is she just saying her nasty opinion?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well she has now revealed that I don't pay my bills which is between the business she does not own and myself, she outright said she can easily write something bad about my company which she is not even a client of, and also told people my medical information (about having cavities).
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have a right to file something legal against her for revealing personal information that I am sure she is not allowed to do as per the paperwork I signed (I am waiting for them to send all paperwork and files I have with them to me)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which I just read my personal information as per their sign up paperwork reads that ANYTHING regarding me with them (which would include moneies owning, me not paying when I meant to, me having cavities filled' says it is protected and will not be released

Can you provide me the specific wording?

Have you actually spoken to the dentist?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dentist? No, as we were banned to the point the called the Police and they stated my husband was being loud and angry so we have avoided contact with them as much as possible other then through e-mail.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Attached is basically where it all comes from. Where she gets her idea of 'bullying' and 'slander' from is not possibe as i NEVER EVER would mention a persons name, I ONLY ever gave MY EXACT 100% factual truth regarding my experience
You told the truth. So she cannot sue you for defamation.You cannot sue her for defamation if she is either telling the truth or is she setting out her opinion even though it's nasty and disgusting. That is not defamation. It is only defamation if she tells lies about you and holds those lies as being truthful. If she did that then you can have a lawyer send her a cease-and-desist letter demanding a formal written retraction and apology and threatening a lawsuit for damages to your reputation.If she released information that was confidential then you have to sue the dentist. The dentist can do what he wants with her and it would make sense for the dentist to fire her but you cannot sue her for releasing confidential information because your contract is with the dentist.So you or a lawyer acting for you can send a letter to the dentist threatening a lawsuit if he does not compensate you for damages.Does that help as a starting point?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Absolutely Thank you, ***** ***** I contact the dentist I deal with? As their consent forms names the dentist 'In charge' of privacy issues. Or do I just go straight to a lawyer and have them take the letter from there?

I don't think you should contact the dentist directly given how horribly they have treated you.

I think you should leave that to a lawyer.

Debra, Lawyer