Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Someone put a certificate of pending litigation on my

Customer Question

someone put a certificate of pending litigation on my property 9 years ago and i was told that they had removed it, however when i went to refinance it came up as still against my property. What are the step that i need to take to get it removed.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Have you contacted the person who put this on your title?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i have not contacted the person who put this on my title. I wanted to know exactly what needed to be done so i could let them know at the same time.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The person can sign a consent which can be presented to the Registrar at the land registry office which will then allow the registrar to discharge the CPL.

If the person will not then you have to apply to the court by way of motion in chambers to get an order discharging the CPL. That order would then be registered with the Registrar at the land registry office.