How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99953
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My estranged wife had me arrested abuse last wednesday but

Customer Question

Hi, my estranged wife had me arrested for spousal abuse last wednesday but the police declined to charge me because they found her story inaccurate and not credible. She has since fled for our home and I haven't seen my 2 kids under 6 in 5 days. She did however message me yesterday to say I will be hearing from her lawyer. I am not sure if I have grounds for an interim order of custody or access
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Ontario in Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This can be considered to be a case of parental abduction.

It is essentially that you act quickly or you won't be able to address this for some time.

She had no right to remove the children from their habitual place of residence without your permission or a court order.

I suggest you find a lawyer immediately or else self-represent and bring an application on an emergency, ex parte (without notice) basis for interim sole custody so you can bring the children home.

Related Canada Law Questions