Is there a way to fight a foreclosure. I was away and didn't

Customer Question
Is there a way to...
Is there a way to fight a foreclosure. I was away and didn't check my mail for a few months. Something happened at my bank and my payments weren't being taken out. Now I'm going to lose my house. I have more than enough money to pay my mortgage no problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
7/17/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Have you told the bank you can pay what is owing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a private lender actually.

Can you pay the mortgage off or get refinancing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried refinancing and no luck. I made less money the last couple years and now can't qualify.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I could just pay the missing payments and a penalty id be fine to keep paying the mortgage. What's in it for the lender? If the house sells for more than the mortgage is worth who gets that money? Me or the lender? There is over $100k in equity in the place minimum.

The lender has the right to demand full payment of the mortgage.

But you can try and fight the foreclosure and it is possible that a court will agree with your position though not likely.

You will get what is left after the mortgage is paid off.

I suggest you consider paying a lawyer to write one letter to the lender making the lender see it is not going to be easy to simply go ahead and foreclose.

Debra, Lawyer