Are you able to review a simple real estate contract?

Customer Question
are you able to review a simple real estate contract?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3 pages, done by a notary. Cash sale
7/16/2016
Lawyer: tjgesq,
 replied 1 year ago
tjgesq

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I can review the contract, but what would you like after I review it? That's the concern. Please remember that I cannot advise you on what to do, and that I do not know your situation. But if you just have a couple of questions as to what some of the language means, then I can answer that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we are just making that there is no obvious "strange" wording; to me the document looks fine. I use this service all the time..so this seemed the prudent thing to do. I recognise you cannot give legal advice. let me figure out how to add the files
Lawyer: tjgesq,
 replied 1 year ago

Sounds good. I will review the document as soon as it's uploaded.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
attached
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok it is attached thx
Lawyer: tjgesq,
 replied 1 year ago

Reviewing now ...

Lawyer: tjgesq,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi again. Only one page uploaded (a page with basic charges).

Is there anything else? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok let me try again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i think this will work
Lawyer: tjgesq,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello again.

I do see the contract. Unfortunately, I have to log off for a little while, and I don't want to short change you by quickly skimming it. If you can wait until this evening so that I can take my time reviewing it, I would appreciate it. If not, please let me know and I'll opt out. Perhaps another attorney can review it sooner.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's fine, I can wait.
Lawyer: tjgesq,
 replied 1 year ago

I greatly appreciate it. Thank you. I'll respond this evening.

Lawyer: tjgesq,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello again.

I reviewed the contract in detail, and I did not find anything unusual or odd. It appears straightforward. Having said that, I did not realize that you were in Canada until seeing that in the contract. Your question was mistakenly posted in the US legal section, where I practice law. Accordingly, I will ask that this question be moved to the Canadian legal section so that you get a response from a Canadian lawyer.

I truly wish you the best.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem, I will still pay you that is fine.
Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor