How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm an Indian citizen. I went to Canada in 2012 on a student

Customer Question

I'm an Indian citizen. I went to Canada in 2012 on a student visa but my visa expired and I didn't renew because I couldn't keep up with the school. I overstayed in Canada by 1.5 years. But I also got married in 2015 to a Canadian citizen. Now I'm back in India. I'm planning to apply for PR? What are the chances of approval?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I haven't applied yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Actually I had a free consultation with a lawyer in Ottawa while I was still in Canada
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is your spouse going to sponsor you for a spousal application?

Related Canada Law Questions