Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I owe money to easy financial they came into my work and

Customer Question

I owe money to easy financial they came into my work and handed me a letter stating that if I dont pay in 10 days they mat take legal action. this was not a statement of claim just a letter. can they come into my workplace and harass me like this? I live in saskatchewan. this is not a collection agent but the actual creditor.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes they can come to your work. One attendance to give you a letter is not harassment.

They are giving you a demand letter and making sure that you get it as the first step to suing you.

The next step will be to issue a claim and they will need to serve you personally so they will likely attend at your workplace again.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.