How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an Irish Citizen wanting to go to Canada on an IEC

Customer Question

Hello, I am an Irish Citizen wanting to go to Canada on an IEC working Holiday Visa. I have been living in the US for the past 4.5 years and my most recent Visa has expired in March. I was told there was a 6 month grace period before I had to leave the US, after the date my Visa expired. During this grace period, I have gotten a divorce from my spouse who came over to the US with me. Does my Visa automatically cancel once the divorce is filed? If so, what do I need to do to get into Canada. I was rejected at the border yesterday. The border patrol mentioned something about a waiver?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You have questions about the law in the US and the law in Canada.

I can answer about the law in Canada only.

Should I go ahead or should I ask the site to move this to the US law list? A lawyer there can answer about the law in the US. They cannot answer about the law in Canada though.

Related Canada Law Questions