How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101005
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Saskatchewan if a town does not repair a water runoff

Customer Question

in Saskatchewan if a town does not repair a water runoff problem which leads to water damage in your basement is there any recourse for the property owner? the town has known about the problem for five years and has said they were going to do a repair to drainage system.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes there is.

You have to make a claim to the town and must do so very quickly as there is likely a short notice period.

The town would report this to their insurers who would compensate you for the damages.

If they will not then you can sue them and seek damages and your costs.

It is negligence if they didn't make the repairs knowing they needed to be.