How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100423
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from Alberta Calgary, i want to drive to Vancouver week

Customer Question

I am from Alberta Calgary, i want to drive to Vancouver for a week with my family. i rent a car from AVIS car rental company in Calgary, and i am having a basic class 5 driver licence in Calgary. can I drive in Vancouver?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes with that licence you are free to drive anywhere in Canada.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't have any limited in BC?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

No because the law is that so long as you have a valid licence in your province you can use that for up to six months and don't need their licence.

So your licence is good in BC because it is good in Alberta.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thank you so much. thank you again
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

If we are done please rate me so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Related Canada Law Questions