How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100033
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am inquiring about the process immigration engagement

Customer Question

I am inquiring about the process for an immigration engagement visa. I am going on several tours abroad (Ukraine)with a USA based company called "A Foreign Affair". They offer engagement visa packages for USA based citizens but told me because Canadian laws are different, I should contact an immigration lawyer to see if there was a special visa kit for this type of process. Is there a kit like this? How can I get one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about what you need in order to be admitted to visit Canada?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
admitted and a process that is recommended to be followed if things work out and you proceed to engagement with respect to immigration documents?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about how to become a permanent resident if you get married to a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is difference between permanent res and Can citizen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thinking about permanent res
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

As a Ukrainian citizen you need a visitor's visa to be able to enter Canada.

Here is a link to the information you will need:

There is no such thing as a fiancee visa in Canada.

If you get married your spouse can sponsor you for permanent residency status. You can also be sponsored by a common law spouse if you have lived with your spouse for at least one year.

You can become a Canadian citizen after living in Canada for several years after gaining permanent residency status.

Here is a link to the information you will need about the spousal sponsorship:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok...thank you for the links
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

If we are done please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

I hope this all works out!

Take good care.

Related Canada Law Questions