How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I went our separate ways Jan 11 of this year.

Customer Question

My husband and I went our separate ways Jan 11 of this year. When I had my income tax done by an accountant, she was not able to e file it because my husband and his accountant e filed my income tax for me for sole purpose of his financial benefit. I was not aware of this, nor did I sign any documentation giving him permission to do so.
I was in contact with CRA regarding this and finally received a letter from them that they cannot make any adjustments without a signed letter from both of us to remove the pension split. I have contacted him, but he refuses.
When we separated, it was I that left to live in a safe house as he was an abusive alcoholic.
We managed to agree to a settlement through the sale of our home. I was under extreme stress and not thinking clearly and should never have agreed to this without hiring a lawyer. Is it possible to revisit our separation agreement as I have no spousal support or steady income?
Please contact me at(###) ###-####Thank you *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot call you but I am happy to assist you by posting over this site.

Should I go ahead?

There are no lawyers in Canada that will call you from the site. It is against the rules of our law society.