How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101444
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a draft of a document called Trust & Indemnity, which

Customer Question

Hi I have a draft of a document called Trust & Indemnity, which my husband's lawyer prepared and I would like seen by another lawyer in order to make sure that it gives me the same rights as if I was named owner of a house (written on the title).
Background: cannot refinance mortgage with me in the mortgage papers (credit score issues), therefore before we can proceed, I will have to sign to discontinue current mortgage and will be excluded in the title with the new mortgage in place. This trust document ensures that even though I am not in the title, I will have the same rights in the event of separation or death. Please advise, thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The lawyers on this site cannot review legal documentation.

What you need is to retain your own lawyer and have a face to face consultation with the lawyer. In fact there is not much chance of this document being accepted without your having independent legal advice.

If you want me to explain how to find a lawyer in BC I can do that so just let me know if that will help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have funds to retain a lawyer but if there's one near Coquitlam that I can pay per visit/hour specifically just to run the document over with me( I would not need services after as its a clear cut document to be honest ), then that would be helpful. Preferably someone available immediately as this is alongside a mortgage refinancing efforts which the bank already approved and just waiting for me to sign). Thank you/ Ena Iversen(###) ###-####
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

***-***-**** or 1.***-***-****.