How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine has helped me with my mortgage and signd it

Customer Question

A friend of mine has helped me with my mortgage and signd it for me snd has it in his name. We have a joint account and I made all payments. Now he wants to sell my home on his own and wont let me have the mortgage assumed through my partner. What are my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Was this arrangement ever put in writing?

Who is on title to the home? I'm sure you understand that there's a difference between being on title and being on the mortgage.