How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and my mom are planning to do the 54.01 to

Customer Question

Hi there,
My husband and my mom are planning to do the 54.01 to transfer my 2-year-old daughter's custody to my mom since the MCFD won't let me take care of her due to my mental illness. I understand I am able to take care of my daughter back once she turns 19 years of age, but I would like to know if it's possible to take her back earlier? If so, what are my requirements and qualifications? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you are consenting to your mother having custody of your daughter?

And you want to know whether this can be changed at a later date but before she reaches the age of majority?