How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99978
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to find records of an offence I commited in Banff,

Customer Question

Need to find records of an offence I commited in Banff, August 1983 or 1984
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Were you convicted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need the relevent paperwork
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There are a couple of ways to do this.

First you can have a criminal record check done on yourself. You would do it through the local police services office. You have to sign a consent and pay a small fee.

The other thing you can do is attend at the courthouse where the matter was dealt with and ask for them to retrieve the file. It will be stored in the archives. You can get whatever you want from the file. You have to pay for the photocopying.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm living on the East Coast in the United States so I can't be there in person.
Would there be an email address that I can go through or would I have to hire someone to do that for me?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can call the courthouse yourself and also cal the police services office to get a copy of the form.

You should not have to hire someone to assist you but if you do then you should hire a paralegal and not pay a lawyer for this.

Related Canada Law Questions