How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99918
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made direct payment on loans and repairs vehicles partner,

Customer Question

I made direct payment on loans and repairs for two vehicles for a partner, eventually I paid them off. I haven't been paid back. Can I register a lien and repossess the vehicles? Do I need a sheriff.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unless you have an agreement that allows you to register a lien you cannot do so now.

Rather you will first have to sue and get a judgment and then you can have the sheriff seize that vehicles or any other assets or garnish wages to enforce the judgment.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Law Questions