I made direct payment on loans and repairs vehicles partner,

Customer Question
I made direct payment on...
I made direct payment on loans and repairs for two vehicles for a partner, eventually I paid them off. I haven't been paid back. Can I register a lien and repossess the vehicles? Do I need a sheriff.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
6/22/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Unless you have an agreement that allows you to register a lien you cannot do so now.

Rather you will first have to sue and get a judgment and then you can have the sheriff seize that vehicles or any other assets or garnish wages to enforce the judgment.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Debra, Lawyer