How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99962
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Canada, My son is evil! My daughter is great. My son

Customer Question

I am in Canada
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: My son is evil! My daughter is great. My son in 2006 when I was very sick, asked me how much money I had and said he would invest it. To make long story s hort, he kept the invested money. Now he is starting to say his father abused him from the time he was two. Untrue as I saw him naked till at least 6 years of age. He did later. When I found out, I confronted him and it stepped. However, I did not get the police involved. I know he is waiting for father to die, I hear he is quite sick. Can I protect my home, its all I have. I want to live in it as long as I can then daughter can sell it.i
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: What can I do?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have not talked to a lawyer yet. I have not talked to son since wend of 2012. Then in May 2013 he said through daughter he was coming to dinner with us. I did not want to but said ok. He never showed up to show me who is in charge!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

How could he get your house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He refused to show me proper papers. He asked to change the bank, made a big deal of it so I agreed. So the only thing it shows is him losing 70 thou. This ofcouse was a write off for him. I am afraid that at some point he will claim As I said, him abused at two, not true, but if he sues me after his dad dies, they rule against me, I'm outta luck. Sell house he gets more money. I know he invested in gold with my money, but no proof.
oOr, he will claim I'm not capable to live alone then do it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish I could talk, but I am sure he has some listening device on it.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You cannot be sued by him so don't worry about that.

To protect yourself from his taking over if you do become incompetent you should appoint your daughter under a Power of Attorney so she will be in charge if you are not longer competent.

And you can also add her name to the title to the house.

He won't 'be able to sell the house.

Related Canada Law Questions