How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex has been living with me on and off years but permanent

Customer Question

My ex has been living with me on and off for 10 years but permanent for past 3 or 4 years. We have a child but when I was pregnant he cheated and was not very nice through are whole time together he was abusive mentally mostly but also physically. He was going to physically remove me from his house when i was 5 months pregnant with our child. I didn't put his name on birth certificate after I left him. After 3 years he conned me back into being with him again swearing he changed he did kind of at first. He has maybe in the past 4 years paid me or bought about 2000.00 for clothes, somehow too for sure. The first 3 years of our child's life he didn't pay nothing didn't see her unless I said something nothing at all. He conned me back as he always did 3 years after as he always had that way with me. It still wasn't perfect but he changed for a wile I thought we were in love he told me we would get married one day made lots of promises acted like his child was his world and participated with school functions but still would mental abuse us mostly still some physical too. I would try and fight back which wasn't right either. Almost 2 months ago now. something happened he stopped being himself and he flipped again showed up to family lunch day and just took off after, lied, didn't even say good bye to our child made me tell her he left. He didn't call her ask about her even want to see her unless she called him and even then he was to busy to see her or out of town. I asked 4 different times he showed 3 but since I stopped asking and trying to get him to drive out once in a wile to see her so it's not always me he won't or doesn't show. Our daughter ended up hurting herself at school and i took her to hospital and she didn't want me to tell him but I did anyways. He was to busy buying a truck and going to movies with his girlfriend i just found out that he has been with since before he left and now hasn't asked once what the Dr said how she is doing is it broken nothing. So our child doesn't want to talk to him a lot as she is mad because he never calls hardly especially on a weekend when he knows she has no school. So he Gets mad at me when our child doesn't want to talk to him even if she tells him herself/himself or doesn't want to do father's day or why she didn't call.. we never filed for common law as I was scared what he would of done as every little bit of money I have or get I spend on our child mostly. He conned me into getting phones in my name and left me with quite a large bill that I can't afford to pay right now as I haven't been working because he needed the vehicle for his job. I'm wondering what can I legally do? My child doesn't really want anything to do with him in the past wile he hasn't been the nicest to her I'm finding out more and more but I'm trying to find a job. my family has been helping me/us out this whole time all 7 years on and off when i or we needed the help.they even gave him breaks on rent cause he said he couldn't afford it but since he left he got a place a different truck insurance everything. I know his account i know he had money to pay the bill or some. I don't know what to do or what I can do that isn't going to hurt my daughter. He is now living in an unsafe place with drugs, dealers and where someone got shot so i don't know what to do Please help.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Ok.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have no money. I'm lost on what to do that will help me keep my child safe. Where he is at they are dangerous so I'm scared what will happen
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He burned my child twice with a cigarette on accident I guess, he abused his last girlfriend, he has me on his benefits as spouse/partner, he refuses child support when all I wanted was the phones paid and him gone, he owes my family rent and money for a trailer camper they helped him pay for but he was to pay it back. I think he was involved at a shooting that happened in the house where he is living now. That"s All I can think of for now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this private or can anyone see this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also he put picture up of my child on social media when he wasn't around..I have asked him not to as he knows very bad people and I'm scared for the safety of my child.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province are you in please?