How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101054
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have purchased a new car, well I'm financing it. And I

Customer Question

I have purchased a new car, well I'm financing it. And I physically cannot make the payments anymore due to unfortunate circumstances. I have had it for under a month, and according to the dealership I can't return it unless there's a mechanical problem. But I have also heard of AMVIC law. I don't know what it entitles but are you guys able to help me in any way with this? It's either I'm homeless or screwed. And I would rather not be both.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

There is no AMVIC law.

This is an association that helps with disputes.

But there is no dispute as you are not saying that there is something wrong with the car. You are saying you cannot afford it.

Unfortunately, there is no law at all that protects you in this situation.

Please don't shoot the messenger but I know you need an honest answer so you are not further hurt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I'll have to figure something else out.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry about all of this. I do hope things work out.