Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have purchased a new car, well I'm financing it. And I

Customer Question

I have purchased a new car, well I'm financing it. And I physically cannot make the payments anymore due to unfortunate circumstances. I have had it for under a month, and according to the dealership I can't return it unless there's a mechanical problem. But I have also heard of AMVIC law. I don't know what it entitles but are you guys able to help me in any way with this? It's either I'm homeless or screwed. And I would rather not be both.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

There is no AMVIC law.

This is an association that helps with disputes.

But there is no dispute as you are not saying that there is something wrong with the car. You are saying you cannot afford it.

Unfortunately, there is no law at all that protects you in this situation.

Please don't shoot the messenger but I know you need an honest answer so you are not further hurt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I'll have to figure something else out.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry about all of this. I do hope things work out.