Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

What programs have the eligibility of creating a chance

Customer Question

what programs have the eligibility of creating a chance for international students to be given a work permit
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What is you citizenship?

I want to see if there is a special program with your country.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am from Ghana. i came with a student visa to school at PEI but my father is dead now so there is no hope for me so i need a program that can help me earn a living
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

So do you mean you can no longer afford the tuition?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah so i want a short course
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

I am not sure what you mean.

If you are enrolled in school full-time then you can get an open off campus work permit and can work up to 20 hours a week.

You cannot be enrolled in any course and also work full-time.

Is that what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need a course to do at the moment that can easily help me to get a work permit as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean getting an open work permit after that program to work in canada
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If you complete the course and get a diploma or certificate then you can work in Canada for one year on an open post-graduate work permit.

So during the course you can work 20 hours a week and then after that you can work full-time for a year and then possibly apply for PR status.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
get me your number please
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

As I said above, I cannot speak to you on the phone. The lawyers in Canada cannot do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright. thanks. will communicate later
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If you let me know your province I may be able to suggest a way to see a lawyer for a nominal fee.