How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101366
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am separated from my husband. Not divorcing yet! So he can

Customer Question

Hi, I am separated from my husband. Not divorcing yet! So he can stay on my medical/dental. He says he will not go after my work pension. I have a form he can sign. Do we have to be divorced before he can sign?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

No he should sign right away.

But you have to be sure to do this correctly so it i binding in Court.

You should have a lawyer do a simple agreement and then have him take the agreement to his own lawyer for independent legal advice.

If that does not happen this agreement may not stand up in court later on.