How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101058
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have owned 80 acres in Ontario Canada, McDonald/Aberdeen

Customer Question

I have owned 80 acres in Ontario Canada, McDonald/Aberdeen Add'l., since the mid-1960's
which is titled in my name as trustee.
At some point, I want to arrange for the transfer of the property to my three sons either through my trust of by gift.
What do I need to know about Canadian law regarding:
1 Foreign ownership restrictions
2 Transfer requirements and restrictions
3 Taxes at time of transfer/death
4 Ownership in Trust
5 Change of Trustee
I am an American attorney licensed in Ohio. Can you site me with
an internet site where I can review Ontario law related to the
above matters?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need an answer?