How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Problem: We are trying to get my wife's landed immigrant

Customer Question

Problem: We are trying to get my wife's landed immigrant status updated for citizenship purposes. Canada immigration says that her original immigrant documentation is invalid.
She immigrated to Canada as a child in 1959. Has a German passport which cannot be renewed without a valid Canadian landed immigrant document
Reason: the issues are in regards ***** ***** name(s). Her maiden name differs from her birth certificate name. She adopted my family name when we were married and so it changed again.
Question:What else do we need to do besides fill out Ontario's marriage certificate corrections form 23.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Why does her maiden name reflect a different name than her birth certificate?

Are you saying that the landing papers have her maiden name but not her name from her birth certificate?