How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Maven Your Own Question
Law Maven
Law Maven, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 164
Experience:  Lawyer & Instructor at Algonquin Careers Academy
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Law Maven is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a grandson in Victoria, BC. He has has injuries (t

Customer Question

I have a grandson in Victoria, BC. He has has injuries (hit and run on a bicycle) + to the point his arms and hands are losing strength. He was working on a high rise building in Victoria and when he was in the hospital talking to a DR. , he was told he definitely could not do that because of his condition. He has other issues too. For years he worked in the oil fields
He seems to me to be at the stage where he cannot look after vital issues like getting someone to help him with vital issues like getting some kind of support, unemployment insurance, and certainly some disability to survive.
I do hope you will give me some kind of an answer even if it is that you cannot do anything. I am nearly desperate. He needs someone on his side. He is pretty much on his own and just needs someone to help with direction. There is no point in me trying to give you facts, it is quite a story. until I know if you are able to do anything. His name is***** family is here in Ontario. Jackie Montgomery ***@******.*** (###) ###-#### His phone # *****(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot call you. The lawyers on this site can only provide legal information but cannot act for your grandson nor provide actual legal advice.

Can he or someone else pay a lawyer to assist in all these areas?

If not what city does he live in and I will see what I can find in terms of resources for him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I questioned this before but got no reply. I cannot afford $67.00 just to be told you cannot do anything. I thought it was $20. to ask a question. I am on limited income and $67.00 is rather extreme. I would not have asked the question if I had known it was going to cost so "over the top". Don't tell me you cannot do anything because my case is closed.
Expert:  Law Maven replied 1 year ago.

Like Legal Ease, I cannot contact you directly or act for your grandson.

What I can do is give you some information to pass on to your grandson about legal clinics and other organizations that could be able to help him with getting workplace accommodation so he can continue working, or with getting recognized as partly disabled so he can qualify for retraining and entry into government employment programs.

There's a master list of free legal sources in British Columbia here:

He might also benefit from contacting:

I hope that information is helpful, and if you want to ask any more specific questions, please do not hesitate to do so. If you believe this answer was useful, kindly provide me a positive rating so I can receive credit for my answer.

My answer here contains only general legal information and not legal advice. No solicitor/client relationship has been created by this communication.

Related Canada Law Questions