How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100004
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The condo above me leaked, thru their shower pan into my

Customer Question

The condo above me leaked, thru their shower pan into my unit and their insurance company stated I'm not entitled to compensation for the repairs which are over $5k
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are entitled to be compensated for the repairs.

I don't know why the insurance company is saying that but really their view is not relevance to you at all. It doesn't matter what they say as whomever caused the damage is liable to you.

If it was the owner's fault then the owner is liable to you but if the fault is with the common elements then the Condo Corp is liable to you.

And you can sue them in Small Claims Court and self-represent if necessary.

Does that help as a starting point.

Related Canada Law Questions