How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ulysses101 Your Own Question
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 3502
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Spouse gave away son's dog and he wants it back, but the

Customer Question

Spouse gave away son's dog and he wants it back, but the person who has the dog does not want to give it back; any remedy to this situation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Kirk Adams replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Kirk Adams replied 1 year ago.

A person can only give away what he/she owns, so if the spouse didn't own the dog, then the attempted gift would be improper and ineffective in terms of transferring the property/dog.

Expert:  Kirk Adams replied 1 year ago.

So, the transfer should not be a legal one, and your son should be able to sue for conversion of property to recover his dog if the custodial will not return it.

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, your question showed up on the Canada Law category. I see that you were chatting with an expert named Roger? Did you start in another category?

Related Canada Law Questions