Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was looking insight on tting a light pole driving my

Customer Question

I was looking for some insight on hitting a light pole driving my boyfriends car. Is he liable?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I received a DUI yesterday and was driving my boyfriends car and I hit a light pole. I just want to make sure nothing will happen to him.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

He will not be charged by the police.

But he will be required to pay for the pole. His insurance will not cover him because you were impaired. And as well he will have to pay for any damage to his own car.

That means that you should be paying him back for any costs he incurs and if you do not agree and he wants you to do so he could sue you successfully.

Does that answer your question?