How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100431
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On PWD & have heard but 't quite believe ,that an owner of a

Customer Question

I am Disabled ,on PWD & have heard but don't quite believe ,that an owner of a Hotel can rent to a person on a PWT pension and instead of me paying that the owner can have the annual cost write it as a tax deduction like a charitable deduction on their Taxes & have the amount as a return/deduction off their Tax Bill?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I have spent some time trying to find out if this is possible and there is not a thing I could find unfortunately.

I suggest that you discuss this issue with your own worker who may have some suggestions about funding for room and board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my response to my question was "I don't know " so I am pretty disappointed !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have expected a tax lawyer would have at least some places to look to for the answer -totally disappointed!
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

That is not the response. The response is that I searched and search to find out if this was possibly true and there is not a thing I could find anywhere that says it is.

But I don't want you to miss out in case there is some little provision somewhere that is not readily available to find so I suggested asking your worker.

My answer is that there is no such provision anywhere that allows this. I just hope I am wrong for your sake.

Do you see what I mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can understand & I will continue to search for the proper answer.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I hope you find it. I am a senior lawyer and not only do I not think what you are suggesting is the least bit possible based on how the system works but I really searched high and low in the hope I was wrong. I could not find it.

I really wish that I could!

Related Canada Law Questions