How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100050
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was told there is a video of my friend at a restraunt bar,my

Customer Question

was told there is a video of my friend at a restraunt bar,my friend has mental condition and drinks mixed with medication made a embarassing video,but family is hold ing me resposible for taking her to said resraunt
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: was there a expectation of privasy? furtur more i was assulted when bringing her home, but not told a reson till today was this recording
JA: When it comes to assault, getting straight information is key. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Canada, Nova Scotia,havent seen the video but wold like info on rights
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: my impresson without information is it could be the owner of restraunt because he always has a i pad handy?should I ask him. was one table with people almost out of sight though. i wont be pesueing the assult becouse its on a reserve and want to respect there wishes, is causing the girl magor grief tho
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear this terribly difficult situation.What would you like to see happen? It's not really clear based on your post.

Related Canada Law Questions