How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101416
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just got an excessive driving ticket what should i do? JA:

Customer Question

just got an excessive driving ticket what should i do?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: BC
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to here this.It may be best to consider retaining a lawyer who specializes in driving offence to assist you. This is a serious conviction if you are convicted as it has a fine and you will get 3 demerit points. That will affect your insurance. What many do is they try is to come to an agreement with the Crown to plead guilty to a lesser speed. The Crown will likely accept this offer because then there is no trial. So you would plead not guilty now and then on the day of the trial try to bargain with the Crown.I hope that helps as a starting point.