Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

There I am being sponsored by my common law wife and

Customer Question

hi there I am being sponsored by my common law wife and yesterday she decided to cancel the sponsorship because I couldn't pay her bills any more and my pr card will be done by October this year is there anything I can do
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, there's not a thing you can do. It is her right to cancel the sponsorship. She is the one that is sponsoring you. She is the one that will have to sign a financial undertaking for you. So you cannot force her to continue and you cannot continue the spousal sponsorship without her. Perhaps you can apply on your own behalf if you are a skilled worker for example?