How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101042
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There I am being sponsored by my common law wife and

Customer Question

hi there I am being sponsored by my common law wife and yesterday she decided to cancel the sponsorship because I couldn't pay her bills any more and my pr card will be done by October this year is there anything I can do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, there's not a thing you can do. It is her right to cancel the sponsorship. She is the one that is sponsoring you. She is the one that will have to sign a financial undertaking for you. So you cannot force her to continue and you cannot continue the spousal sponsorship without her. Perhaps you can apply on your own behalf if you are a skilled worker for example?