How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ulysses101 Your Own Question
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 3531
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to sue a certified building inspector. Based on his

Customer Question

I have to sue a certified building inspector. Based on his pre-purchase report I bought a house with crumbling foundations which have to be completely replaced at an approx. cost of 160,000 $. What kind of lawyer do I need to hire? With what kind of expertise?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for the question.You're on the right track, talking to real estate lawyers. However this is a civil law matter, you need to expand your search. Most real estate lawyers argue about deficiencies to title , implicit and explicit guarantees regarding sale, stuff like that.You need a civil lawyer with some experience in real estate, not the the other way around.I can't recommend any specific lawyers in Quebec. Here are a couple of good sites on the topic: second is a Quebec lawyer's website, in Montreal. You could do worse than contacting that firm, see what their current expertise on the subject is, and if they are too far away from your location can they recommend someone closer to you. Is that a helpful start? If I've answered you then I'd appreciate a positive service rating please.