How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100424
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My live in friend 0f 88years has only one son who is not in

Customer Question

My live in friend 0f 88years has only one son who is not in good health. Th.e son has complete control of her money and is her heir. His heir is his wife who my friend distrusts. What happens to her money if the son dies?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Your friend would set out in her Will where she wants her money to go. And she can say that if the son dies before her then her money goes to......But if she leaves all her estate to her son and her son is living when she dies she cannot say the spouse of her son cannot get the money.If she is worried about the spouse taking the money when she dies if the son is alive and sick then she can leave her money to her son in a Trust and then whomever she appoints as Trustee is in charge of the money and the spouse will not be. Does that answer your question?

Related Canada Law Questions