Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am selling my vehicle at a reduced cost to the father of

Customer Question

I am selling my vehicle at a reduced cost to the father of my children. Additionally, I am allowing him to make very minimal payments whiloe he is in school and the payments are to be raised upon being done school. I am also loaning him some funds to cover the cost to transfer.
JA: Issues like this can be complex. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with have a lot of experience in education law and it would be my pleasure to match you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: How do I ensure that the loan of the cost of the vehicle and the loaned funds for transfer are legally required to be repayed?. I am writing a sales agreement anad contract and would llike to make sure it will hold up in court if need be.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am concerned and would like to ensure that he may not sell it for a profit until it is payed off. With it being sold at half the value and basically on credit, I want to make sure I am not losing out on this benefit to him
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking about how to get a legally binding contract drafted so you can enforce it if he breaches it?Do you understand that we cannot do that for you? If you do please go ahead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not asking you to offer me a legally binding contract, no. More asking in my situation, what needs to be in the contract to ensure it can be upheld in court ( to the best of my ability).
I am drafting one myself.