How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101013
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have read my customer question then i will add that

Customer Question

if you have read my customer question then i will add that my granddaughter is almost 10..her father is in the picture and is a very big part of her life althought not stable with himself nor financially therefor is not able to care for her..can i go for adoption now that i have had her for 4 years and mom has not been consistant in any way with getting her self well until just recently but she is still not stable
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can apply for adoption.

You would have to serve both of the parents with the court application and if they objected you would have to prove to the court that what you are asking for is in the best interest of the child.

It would be best for you to retain your own family lawyer if it all possible.