My student visa is expired by AUG 30 2014,however I dropped

Customer Question
Hi my student visa is...
Hi my student visa is expired by AUG 30 2014,however I dropped school since 2012 and then I have got a visitor visa expiring by oct 31,2014 when I was trying to re-entry from home. I am now overstaying in canada and wish to continue study. Is there anyway I can re apply my student visa again?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
5/13/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer
Yes you can. But you will need to do so from back home. And you will need a new offer of enrollment from a school of course. And you will need to prove that you have strong ties to back home to prove you won't want you to re-enter Canada.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but in long term I would like to work or maybe apply residency in canada, is it still possible?
Yes. If you return to Canada and get a degree then it is very possible.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also have a girlfriend who is Canadian, is it possible to live with her for a while and become PR by common law?
If you live as common law spouses for at least one year then she can sponsor you as a common law spouse.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so do you suggest me staying with her for a year, become a common law sprouse then continue study, or back home to apply visa?
I cannot make that kind of suggestion. This is about your life and what you want to do.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh sorry, I was meaning to ask if it is possible to apply for common law spouse while overstaying?
Yes you can. CIC makes an exception for spousal sponsorships.
Debra, Lawyer