How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mother just died and left her house to my sister; my brother

Customer Question

My Mother just died and left her house to my sister; my brother and I will receive very little if anything. Is this legal? My mother c
hanged her will recently because my sister was looking after her. Michael.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for your loss and for this terrible situation. What province are you in please? Was your mother mentally competent when she wrote her new Will?How do you know she recently changed it? Was there a codicil to an existing Will or a new Will and if there was a new Will did you see the old one?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client. I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay; I would like to cancel my request; I understand that I will forfeit the $5.oo good faith money.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I can explain the law very clearly without speaking. This area of the law is very easy to discuss over this site. But it's up to you of course.