How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99963
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

M I got served a completed forms 35.1 and Form 8 by my ex wife&#

Customer Question

I got served a completed forms 35.1 and Form 8 by my ex wife's(separated) lawyer. The envelope also contained uncompleted forms 10, 35.1 and 13, it also contained a mandatory information program document requiring me to show up in a Toronto court house on the 20th of June 2016.... What do I do with these forms? A couple of false statements have been inputed on the forms about not supporting the kids etc how do I address these things?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You get to reply to the application. So you will set out your side of the story in a sworn affidavit. And if you have any documentary evidence back up your affidavit you can attach it to your affidavit as exhibits.You may also include Affidavit of others who can also assist you in backing up your story by sworn testimony.You should at least have a face to face consultation with a family lawyer even if you cannot afford to retain a lawyer.As well there are Family Law Information Centres where you can get some help with the process and the forms. They are located in some of the courthouses and you should call for an appointment.Does that help as a starting point?
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what has happened. I have been waiting to continue our discussion but you've not yet replied back.And now the question is back on the open list and I don't know what. So please let me know. I am a senior family lawyer in Ontario and happy to help.

Related Canada Law Questions