How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100507
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I hire my sister as nany JA: The Immigration Lawyer will

Customer Question

Can I hire my sister as nany
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Me and my wife are working full time
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I work in the morning she works night shifts it's difficult for us. I would like to hire my sister to woch our thre kids and then we can work both of us day time
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  jludwic replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.Unfortunately it is near impossible to sponsor an immediate relative.Why? Because you have to go through a recruitment process where you advertise the position to attract US workers.The logical presumption is that you will say that no qualified US worker applied so that you are able to give preference to being able to have your labor certification (PERM) approved.Then once you do the recruitment through the local newspaper the Dept of Labor will require you to do supervised recruitment listing the position with the State Workforce Agency for them to refer applicants on unemployment who are looking for jobs.You are required on the application to disclose the relationship.This is not a viable solution to your dire need. I truly understand your situation.One option you may want to look into is the J1 au pair program. am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ starsIn the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you a Canadian lawyer
Expert:  jludwic replied 1 year ago.
No, I am a US immigration lawyer. Your question was posted in the US immigration law category by you.I will request it be moved to Canada. Do not respond, it will delay the process.Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I that I'm talking to a Canadian law office.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking about you sister applying under the live-in-caregiver program?

Related Canada Law Questions